Classes of hosting services
A hosting service is related to storing and/or sharing certain content on a server administered by a website hosting distributor. There are different varieties of hosting services used for various ends, so let's examine them. In that way, you can choose what you need, depending on whether you desire to set up a web page, email accounts, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by certain vendors, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain interval of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely incorrect interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allocate the load between different hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different web page hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a sort of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain corporations provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you would like to share a big number of images with mates or acquaintances since the service is commonly free of charge. You will obtain a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your email accounts. Some providers offer web space hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you desire to create a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can set up mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred visitors, you may have a hard time with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to utilize as many videos as you want to without bothering about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to have a web site. To some degree, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and emails, upload videos, and so on. At HostCover, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting services that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be limits based on the form of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse compared with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are made for particular web content exclusively.